6891 E Genesee St, Fayetteville, NY | Directions 1306643.028589 -76.045406
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 6pm;Sat. 10am - 5pm;Sun. CLOSED
THE WORST COMPUTER REPAIR SERVICE I EVER EXPERIENCED!
Failure to provide promised services from Syracuse Computer Company:
1. Charged express service which was promised to fix computer in two days.
- Service took two weeks to get computer back and still charged for Express Service.
2. a Portable Hard Drive was left with Syracuse Computer (Cost $129) for backup.
- Portable Hard Drive was lost and not returned. It contains sensitive personal, financial and business information and other information that can not be reproduced at any cost.
3. Picked up computer on Friday, December 6, 2013. black bars appeared across screen that were not there when given to them. The owner said that happens to a lot of Macs..... I've
had Macs for twenty years and never seen this before. Took photo of this within their showroom for proof, also have pix of screen before bringing to Syracuse Computer.
4. Computer took over 30 minutes to boot up - owner was confused about why this was happening and recommended running a utility fix on it. Now it doesn't even boot up.
This would have been evident if they had run a check on their work which they told me was taking an extra day.
6. Owner then looked at computer and said there must be a problem with the Hard Drive. I was told the day before, I would not be able to pick up the computer until the next day, as they were running diagnostic test. If these test were run they would have know this. It was apparent that the computer had not been tested. He suggested that I run a disk repair 5 times.
6. I was told the computer had to be taken apart, and an hours charge for labor would be needed to get the serial number to order the part. This could have been accomplished by clicking on the apple at the top of the screen…. It list all the information needed and did not require the computer to be disassembled to retrieve this information.
7. Since I have not had my portable hard drive returned, I was lied to about the services being required, (I noted on the receipt that I signed that the hard drive was missing) I intend on stopping payment on the check that I gave them to get my computer out of their hostage.
8. I received a bill for $475.00 and got back a computer that still does not function.
I went to my bank this morning stopped payment on the check, wrote a letter to my
attorney and will file a claim with the Small Claims Court in Manlius for damages..
Companies should not be allowed to continue to treat customers this way, without
compensation to the victims.
Who needs this kind of service..... the constant lies bothered me more than the
lousy service they provided.
Do not recommend.
I had a computer upgraded with a larger hard drive and a HP laser printer cleaned and document feed repaired. Eventually the work was done, but not in a real professional way. The basic problem was that the technicians do not test the devices after they work on them.
I picked up my "finished" computer and there were corrupt files that would not allow me to open e-mail or update Windows. I took it back, left it and they re-copied data from my old drive to the new one and gave it back to me "ready to go." The computer would not boot, the battery was completely dead and the computer was trying to search for some files. I took it back again, left it again and they said it never finished running a check disk program they were running. I had to leave it again for a 3 time and finally after a week or so I got it back working.
I was without my printer for almost 3 weeks. The repair ticket said to clean, adjust recommended maintenance on printer and check the document feed that does not feed properly. They said it ran like new -pick it up. I got the printer and the document feed was actually a little worse than what it was when I took it in - kept jaming and misfeeding. Took it in again and they said I needed 2 small feed rollers - why didn't they do find that the first time. The rollers finally came in and they replaced them. They charged $39 for the rollers (parts) - I later saw them on the Internet for $12.95 + shipping. I thought they took my printer apart and cleaned it inside and out. I talked to the technician who said they look for any jams, wipe off visible rollers and wipe it down good on the outside! Not a very thorough cleaning and adjustment maintenance for $65.00! The document feed now has a crinkly sound that wasn't there before. Tech said a lot of them sound like that! I just took it and left.
A++++ Service !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – A+ Service !!!!! It's sad that I have come to expect bad service from most businesses I deal with. But, when I do deal with those rare places that have friendly, helpful and knowledgeable employees I must tell everyone. What a wonderful experience I had at Syracuse Computer Store. I highly recommend them to anyone to needs to buy a computer or have a computer serviced. I not only had my computer serviced there, I decided to buy one from them. What a good decision that was!! Thanks to Tom and his staff for making my days a little easier………………
Rip-off – They totally took advange of my older father. Sold him producct he didn't need and will never use. Thier excuse was he said his computer was slow. He paid $400 dollars for repairs on a 5 year old computer that cost 599 to begin with. He does nothing but read articules on the internet. No documents nothing to save. They had no interest in him and his needs just push up those $$$. Please stay away
bad service, bad repair, sketchy policies - what more? – is was my first experience with syracuse computer store, and it will be my last. took my computer in to the store, with suspected virus, after making a call that i'd be coming by. a service ticket was written up and the pricing information should have been my first indication this might not be a great experience...
service rates are $65/hour. that's steep but not entirely unexpected. however, i was encouraged to spend an additional $20/hour (now $85/hour in case you're keeping track) for "expedited service." what's expedited service, i asked? well, if you don't do expedited we probably won't get to looking at it for about 3 days - if you pay for expedited we will look at it immediately and, based on what you've described, have it done for you in a day. great - i need my computer - let's pago up and get expedited.
after 2 full days i'd heard nothing from them so i called. oh, uh, yes, your computer is done - uh, almost. can you come by and pick up this afternoon? great, i'll do that. get there and the computer is still hooked up "doing a diagnostic and downloading software" (?), can you come back in a few hours? ok, by now the service issue is really irritating. no, i can't come back - you told me it would be done - i paid "expedited" for it to be done YESTERDAY. so after $170 + tax i get my computer back and, guess what? the virus is gone but they've installed a filter on video viewing that requires me to take it back - again. we're up to 4 days without a computer now and it's still not fixed. when i brought it back in a second time the two owners (husband and wife team) were incredibly rude and dismissive and interruptive. i just wanted to talk to the tech who worked on my computer - who was quite friendly and kind - and get this fixed. "he works for me - you should talk to me" said the owner. uhh, no, i'd like to talk to him since he knows what's been going on.
computer is back in my possession nearly a week later all-told, to the tune of over $230. i will not go back. bad customer service and sketchy repair work that doesn't inspire confidence.
Great service and friendly people – I was very satisfied with the service on my Macbook Pro. The cost quoted was the cost of the repair. When I took my computer to my local Apple Store they quoted me a price more than double than the price I paid for this repair without even opening the computer to check the problem internally. The work was done the next day. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I was pleasantly surprised by this locally owned business. No wonder they have been in business over 25 years!!!!!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Syracuse Computer Store on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.