832 Easton Rd, Warrington, PA | Directions 1897640.235524 -75.136928
First of all, Dana, whoever you are, you showed great restraint. I cannot think about what I would have done if Barbara touched my child. I hope you sent the police report to the state oversight agency that regulates Daycare Centers. …
phone number… 1-877-PA-HEALTH
Pennsylvania Department of Health / Health and Welfare Building
8th Floor West 625 Forster Street Harrisburg, PA 17120
Secondly, PARENTS BEWARE! I too, pulled our child out of this school for several reasons:
1. Owner, Barbara, cannot be trusted, in my opinion, and should not be around children, in my opinion. She has lied to my face, is rude to me and other parents, yells at children and teachers and is controlling and passive aggressive, in my opinion.
2. SAFETY: I have brought at least two safety issues to Barbara’s attention and she ignored or lied to me, but did not address them.
3. CLASS SIZE, SAFETY & DISREGARD OF THE LAW: She is often over ratio and when confronted she lies about it.
4. HIGH TEACHER TURNOVER: The teachers are great but they rarely last because, well, see above! High turnover negatively impacts children who need consistency and routine and security. We never knew who the teacher would be.
5. Poor Management: Barbara “runs” the daycare and teaches a class. Most daycares have a DIRECTOR who is not a classroom teacher who can assist where needed. She also brings her aged, wheelchair bound mother into the classroom, so her focus is not solely on the children.
6. Food: She provides snacks, but it is all junk – nothing healthy
7. Rules: to respond to the other poster, I do not mind rules or the sneaker rule. Rules are GREAT for children. But she is not consistent with rules and is petty at times.
8. Cleaning: the staff is under so much pressure to close the building that after 5 they are cleaning and not paying attention to the children as they should.
The school is nice but Mrs. Barbara (the owner) is one of the most unpleasant and downright obnoxious people I have ever encountered. The way that she speaks to some of the children and parents is mind boggling. I had my daughter pulled from the school because of the abuse and inappropriate behavior in front of my child, towards other parents. there also appears to be a high turnover rate in teachers because the teachers can only put up with so much. In addition, my X owed money for his portion of tuition and as a result when I went to pick my child up from school, Mrs. Barb physically held my child behind her and told met that she would not allow me to pick my child up until the balance was paid. I had to call the police to remove my child from the property.
Nice Employees, Owner not so much! – The school appears to be very nice from the outside- the owner is very controlling and does not speak to parents in the mot respectful manor. She has a lot of unnecessary rules for children (children can only wear sneakers) and if you break one she will not hesitate to tell you!! The owner runs her own classroom as well as the center it would probably be to her advantage if she had someone else run the center as I think she has too much on her plate.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Crossroads Country Day School on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.