700 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA | Directions 1914739.942094 -75.160665
Mon. - Fri. 9am - 5pm;Sat. - Sun. CLOSED
Neighborhoods: South Philadelphia, Bella Vista/ Southwark
A note of appreciation to all our loyal clients, tenants, and other residents over the many years and generations that recognize that no matter how hard organizations, companies and individuals try to do the right thing and act responsively and responsibly, there is no way everyone is going to be happy.
In cases where we find extremely negative feedback, more often than not it is due to a tenant who was unable to be released early from a lease obligation, or was not pleased with the response from staff with respect to a firmly held company policy. Policies that are in place to effectuate fairness to all, avoiding improper appearances.
We are proud of our staff, who work tirelessly to provide excellent services and lovely homes throughout Center City Philadelphia. Please call our office for rental availabilities, and put us to the test!
An excellent company – This company cares about its tenants. I have been with them for 11years and if ever I had a problem they were in the apt within 24 hours. They bought me new appliances if they felt they were not working properly. For a few years they did not raise the rent because I kept the apt. clean and paid the rent on time. Don't listen to the people that dislike them. The office staff is excellent including: JR, Patty, and the maintenance staff who are competent and friendly. If you want an excellent landlord this is the company for you. Rob Levin comes from a long line of landlords and has learned the business and continues to make it grow and prosper.
Don't listen to the haters. – I had to write this review because I couldn't believe all of the horrible reviews Alvin M Levin & Son received. My wife and I almost didn't rent from them because of the horrible reviews I found. Yes, there were several things that needed fixed. However, this company has been attentive to every detail, and have fixed things that they really did not have to.
1. The heater stopped working when I first moved in. J.R. was there the next morning to check things out. A heater was ordered and it was installed by the following day. Yes, it was a little inconvenient, but the heater was replaced very quickly and professionally by a better and more energy efficient heater. If were were not renting that would have been a big expense.
2. The water heater was only putting out about 20 minutes of hot water. Nothing changed since moving there, so in part it was my fault for not checking this out fully. However, much to my surprise they installed a very nice and new water within a short period of time.
3. The sink in the bathroom leaked water around the spigot. They also had someone come and try to repair it, and then replaced it when the repair didn't work.
4. There was a small stain that developed around the shower head. My wife thought it was leaking so I called even though it was a very small deal. Turns out it was probably a cleaning stain that was my fault, but they came and painted over it anyway.
5. Some of the lights were flickering. Turns out one of the breakers burned out. An electrician came quickly and fixed it in a few minutes.
6. The dryer downstairs broke. They called the company and it was fixed very quickly.
J.R. (the realtor) has been very professional the whole time. People come every week and vacuum the hallway and get rid of the trash. They obviously have good connections with plumbers, electricians, maintenance men, etc. because they always show up very quick. All of those people are nice also. Everything is cleaned up well and never had a problem with safety. Their office is nice, and it's convenient that I can just walk the check there. I'm glad I decided to not shy away from this company. Our apartment is small, but very reasonable for Philadelphia prices. If we need to rent a bigger place I hope that we can rent from them as well, and I recommend that you do also.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY – Pick any other landlord in Phila. but Alvin Levin Company. Others told me to stay away from any LEVIN Co. in Phila. because the Levin's are the worst in town for so many years but I did not listen.
This Company headed by Robert Levin is terrible. This guy is full of himself and thinks he knows it all. From the start he was throwing his weight around. A BIG SHOT and the tenants mean nothing accept we feed his family if you know what I mean.
His repairs take forever and he is so picky about every detail so keep your apt clean because he'll take all your deposit when you move out.
I wished I would have listened before I signed my lease. I am glad I moved
Avoid – Be wary of charges not in your lease as well as any verbal promises (I.e. carpet smelling like dog pee will be cleaned). If you decide to rent from this co, do not let them convince you that your deposit is at risk if you do not perform apartment improvements for them (not fixing damages caused by you to the apartment but returning the apartment in a condition different than in which you received it. However, Perhaps most disturbing is that inquiries or contestation of a policy not in your lease are returned with biting sarcastic letters that personally attack tenants
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Alvin M Levin & Son Inc on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.