Addison >Automotive Sales & Services > Auto Hans Inc
15840 Addison Rd, Addison, TX | Directions 7500132.964858 -96.829347
Mon-Fri 8:00 AM-5:30 PM,Sat-Sun Closed
An inspection of the 1999 BMW Z3 I purchased from Auto Hans Inc.
1. Discount Tire determined that the two front tires have flat spots with 3/32” of tread removed; both front wheels are bent and require replacement…based on the technician’s opinion, this is evidence of a severe braking event and collision.
2. Front clip of car has been re-sprayed and there is a slight ripple in the hood denoting stress from a collision. The center air duct is missing and the right/left duct brackets are damaged.
3. Secondary air pump (smog device) vacuum hose was broken yet Auto Hans gave the car a passing grade and an Inspection sticker...The Department of public safety were notified and thy are currently investigating.
4. Engine warning light came on two days after purchase, repeated attempts to clear light failed.
5. Multiple fault codes are present. Emissions,
6. The ABS, Traction Control, and Cruse control lights do not illuminate when ignition key is turned to on position.
7. Various interior dash components including those that house the instrument cluster are severely damaged and beyond repair. It appears someone hastily removed these parts to gain access to the instrument cluster.
8. An inspection of the instrument cluster indicates someone tampered with it and eliminated the ABS, Traction Control and other critical lights that indicate inoperative safety systems…
These inspections were performed by certified BMW Technicians at their shop with the proper BMW diagnostic computer.
Here are their conclusions.
1. The car sustained a frontal impact which damaged the car.
2. Someone deliberately disabled onboard warning lights to hide inoperable safety systems e.g. the ABS-Traction control module (which is not working) and other systems needed for driver safety.
3. An inspection of the car by a qualified repair station would have detected numerous red flags which should have been addressed prior to placing the car for sale.
Note: The car was advertised to be in great shape and was inspected by seller.
See photo of instrument cluster missing numerous bulbs, which include the ABS, Traction Control…as well as the secondary air pump vacuum hose.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Auto Hans Inc on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.