Garland >Community & Social Services > Oakhill Day School
1025 E Brand Rd, Garland, TX | Directions 7504432.963017 -96.623899
fine childcare for the summer – this will be my daughter's second summer at Oakhill and it works well for us. the staff is attentive but not so buttoned down that they enforce rigid time restrictions (unlike other places i checked on for the summer). my daughter is older so some of the concerns for younger children would not apply to her age group. i wonder if the parent who was concerned about the nails and safety issues brought it to the attention of management? they seem very open to me.
Overall great daycare – My son attended Oak Hill for a few years as a pre-schooler and loved it. They had great outings and activities and overall, the staff were wonderful. I do agree that the swimming class was a little traumatic for my pre schooler. I think the teacher was too harsh and several kids ended up crying everyday, so we stopped doing their swim lessons and went somewhere else. He still talks about Oak Hill and has fond memories!
I was not impressed. – We considered Oak Hill when my daughter was two. On inspection, I noticed exposed nails on the underside of the equipment on the toddler play ground. Also, the school age area outside was messy. We opted for another school. This should have told me not to go back.
When my daughter was four, she attended for less than two weeks. She and I both hated it. We had the following issues:
* It just seemed dirty and terribly loud.
* There were numerous broken toys in my daughter's classroom.
* They only serve crackers or cookies at snack time. The school my daughter left and went back to serves fruit and a variety of other snacks.
* The swimming lessons were terribly unorganized. My daughter loves to swim and hated the lessons, which was a big reason we switched schools.
* They were unorganized and sloppy. My daughter got ill on a tire swing and threw up. They did not check her cubby for spare clothes. Instead, they let her wear her swim suit all day. They washed her clothes and put them back on her. They were still damp when I picked her up and she was wearing them. What is the point of bringing spare clothes if you don't check for them or used them?
* A gate to a back play ground was open while the preschoolers were playing.
I don't know....it just felt like an accident waiting to happen.
I really wanted it to work, so I could use them for after school care next year. However, we will not go there again.
The best I looked at – Finding a daycare can be tuff and I looked at three possible considerations that picked up from my son's school in Sachse. Oakhill was the one I was most impressed by. The school is very nice and inviting. They have a computer room, homewrork area, and theater! There are video monitors and security codes to enter. They keep it clean and it smells nice.The playground appears to be safe and there is alot of fun things for the kids out there. Lots of room to run and play! They also have a basletball court and a pool for the summertime. So far, I am very happy with my choice for after school care. My son is enjoying it and is happy when I pick him up.
If you are looking for childcare in the Garland/Sachse area, take a visit. You will be impressed with this place. I am a relieved mother and that makes it easier to go to work each day.
Editorial Review by Citysearch Editors – Day care near Richland College takes care of kids ages 18 months to 12 years.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Oakhill Day School on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.